Laughter...it's Good Medicine!Jul 14, 2022
Is laughter abundant in your office? I have smiled so much today listening to the staff, patients & even our postal delivery guy laughing out loud, celebrating success & having fun.
Granted not every day is like this but I can honestly say that most days here are extremely pleasant, productive & bring joy to our team & those we serve. Sound too good to be true? Or can you relate?
I am asked sometimes what you as the owner/physician can do to empower such joy. I believe there are 6 things:
- Have a genuine love for what you do.
- Take care of YOUR physical & psychological health by practicing what you preach.
- Learn what motivates your staff & nurture that motivating source.
- Support independence & teamwork by trusting your staff & challenging them to work towards outcomes instead of focusing on tasks.
- Involve staff in decisions, respect & ask for their opinions & let them know how grateful you are for their loyalty/dedication.
- “Free” those that aren’t serving your vision, mission & patients well.
Might seem simplistic but trust me, these actions matter & can make the difference between a practice you LOVE and a practice that can cause premature burn out.
Reach out to me at [email protected] for a free business building or revenue producing chat!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.